Accommodation - Widewath Barn
Until early 2014 the Barn was used to store logs. Back in history the barn was a stable and byre (a place to house cattle in the winter). The Barn is Grade II Iisted and has been sympathetically restored to retain its integrity. Care has been taken to retain original features including open stone walls and wooden beams. Where possible, we've furnished the Barn with recycled quality items.
The Barn is a small self catering unit sleeping 2 – 6 people. The bedroom has 2 sets of bunk beds and a double bed. The restored stable stall is still in place and provides a privacy screen in the bedroom. Relax around the large pine farmhouse table in the living/dining room. This room leads into a secluded space, a 'snug' to spill into to pour over maps and plan routes for the following day's activity.
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, microwave, kettle, toaster.
- Shower room.
- Wood pellet boiler providing underfloor heating, keeping the Barn toasty warm.
- The traditional stable block opposite provides plenty of space for dirty boots/wet jackets, a spot of bike maintenance or even a game of table tennis!
- Secure cycle storage for 6 bikes.
- Outdoor seating – Catch the sun in the quiet orchard.
- Parking - outside the Barn.